Full Mouth Dental Implants replaces full dentures with implant supported dentures. At Elsinore Smile, we can help you smile bigger and enjoy life to the fullest without enduring the embarrassment of missing or ugly teeth, or dentures that slide or slip out. Our All on 4 expert Dr. Aarti Puri has many years of experience placing this type of restoration.
What are All on Four Implants?
All on 4 (5, 6, 7 or 8) implants are titanium metal posts or screws that are surgically inserted under the gums into the jawbone. Once they are healed, our specialist will be able to load new teeth onto them. An all-on-4 fixed prosthesis is the best method to permanently replacing missing teeth, and can use up to eight of them in each jaw. The best thing is that a new root isn’t necessary for each missing tooth. A minimum of four are sufficient for supporting a complete set of dentures. These full mouth dental bridges or dentures will be nearly identical in looks and feel to your natural teeth and you will be able to speak, eat, and laugh without any limitations.
How do They Work?
To support a removable or fixed set of dentures, there can be all-on-four, all-on-five, all-on-six, or all-on-eight artificial roots placed in each jaw. All-on-four fixed Prostheses are the most common; usually two new roots are placed in the front of the jaw with the remaining two placed in the back at a 45 degree angle. Rarely, but when more support for the prosthesis is needed, six or eight can be placed.
Can I get Permanent Dentures?
Generally speaking, most anyone wanting to replace missing teeth with Dental implant are suitable candidates. Fixed dentures are especially suitable in these types of cases:
- Complete mouth reconstruction – Needing a complete mouth rehabilitation of your upper or lower jaw? Permanent multiple teeth prostheses for supported dentures are recommended as they will replace a complete set of teeth.
- Complete Smile Makeover – For those who want a beautiful smile all at once, this is a great option and one that many feel is the most ideal restoration for lost teeth.
- Completely Reabsorbed Bone – Conventional implants can’t be placed if there is not adequate jawbone density. If this is the case, a complete mout reconstruction with full mouth prostheses can certainly be done, and is really preferable for many over other other tooth replacement options. A bone graft can be done, or mini dental implants may also be an option.
What are the benefits to full mouth implants?
When compared to conventional prostheses like dentures and bridges fixed prosthesis are beneficial in numerous ways. Given below are a few reasons why:
- Convenience — you can enjoy the durability, strength, and comfort of the permanent replacements that have a combination of the aesthetics of fixed on removable partial dentures. This ensures that you can eat and speak naturally and begin feeling just as you used to earlier. The artificial roots must be commended because your new teeth will have a stable foundation for the support they need to give you the ability to chew and speak without encountering any problems.
- Quick Esthetic Results — conventional options often require several months before a prosthesis can be placed over them. However, all on 4, 5, 6, and 8 fixed prosthesis can be loaded immediately with new teeth. You do not have to wait for the smile you deserve and can begin enjoying your new it in just a single day.
- Durability — fixed prosthesis is astonishingly durable, unlike conventional dentures that need to be repaired or replaced frequently. If you take care of your oral hygiene according to the recommendations you receive you can very well believe that these awesome inventions will last you for a lifetime.
- Quick Recovery — we ensure that we perform minimal surgery for the placement as necessary. The procedure and the recovery process is made easier for the patient as permanent restorations only require artificial roots in most cases. We keep the surgery to the bare minimum to ensure the procedure is quickly completed and is followed by a comprehensive and speedy recovery.
- No Need for Bone Grafting — as fixed prosthesis can be placed even where the quality and quantity of the bone is insufficient the need for a bone grafting procedure is eliminated. Generally, the effects of bone resorption are very mild in the front portion of the jaw bone. This makes the two new roots in the front quite stable and effective for retaining the prosthesis. As the ones in the back are usually placed at an angle it is an indicator that they can be placed in cases where there is even less space between the upper and lower jawbone than is normally the case. We can even use mini implants in certain situations for the same purposes.
Fabrication and placement of All-on-4, 5, 6, or 8 is carried out in two phases. The first phase involves the placement procedure, while the second phase consists of loading them into your jaw with a suitable prosthesis.
- Placement — our dentists will ensure that you are completely comfortable and free from any pain by administering local anesthesia. Conscious sedation may also be considered for patients that are extremely anxious or concerned. An incision made over the soft tissue overlying the jawbone where the new roots need to be inserted initiates the surgical procedure. A surgical flap is raised and a tiny hole is drilled in the jaw for placing the inserts. The titanium roots are thereafter screwed into position by applying appropriate forces.
- Implant Loading — conventionally an entire prosthesis would be fixed on the new roots with the help of an abutment after the site of the surgery has healed entirely. However, the latest dental techniques are allowing the industry experts to load them in the jaw immediately with a suitable prosthesis. In cases where immediate loading is considered the dentures and their abutments are developed before being placed and immediately inserted after the initial surgery is completed.
“All-on-4 dental implants” – Elsinore Smiles
If you have missing teeth to replace, or have dentures you’d like to throw out, you can get a beautiful new smile with all on 4 dental implants. They continue to be the most popular solution for restorations. Concerned about the Cost? Our Lake Elsinore, California office has flexible payment options – we accept most PPOs and HMOs and even offer zero interest in-house payment plans. We are proud to provide the best oral health care to our neighbors in California.